Openseach and IE7 Beta 2 update

The Opensearch spec that I wrote the other day was a little inaccurate, thanks to Michael Fagan for the comment.

Nice. I look forward to the day when all blogs offer this.Btw, yourShortName is much longer than 16 characters, the maximum, so you should be usingLongName instead.

See Also, while your OpenSearch Description file is correct, your display on theblog post uses some lowercase characters when they should be in uppercase.Somebody might get confused if they copy that and find out it doesn'twork.

I have ammended the XML so that it is more in line with the spec and includes along name. I have also added in a URL for RSS results based off Google's Blog search.

One thing it doesn't do is integrate into because the search engine is not on my domain. It is a pity really, but I can see why they do it. I could route all the search results through a proxy script but I think that would be even more unfair to Google.

I lead the Chrome Developer Relations team at Google.

We want people to have the best experience possible on the web without having to install a native app or produce content in a walled garden.

Our team tries to make it easier for developers to build on the web by supporting every Chrome release, creating great content to support developers on, contributing to MDN, helping to improve browser compatibility, and some of the best developer tools like Lighthouse, Workbox, Squoosh to name just a few.

I love to learn about what you are building, and how I can help with Chrome or Web development in general, so if you want to chat with me directly, please feel free to book a consultation.

I'm trialing a newsletter, you can subscribe below (thank you!)