I was looking at the F14 XNA game that ARogan produced [http://aroganworld.blogspot.com/2006/09/f14-xna-game.html]. Some of the features are:
- 1 level of play including 3 enemy types and a boss
- 3 levels of parallax scrolling
- high score
- animated sprites, rotation, scaling
- basic enemy ai, track the player, movement patterns
- robust scripting engine so making your own levels would be easy.
- “realistic” graphics (ha!)
- keyboard and Xbox 360 wired controller including rumble support.
The interesting thing is that he uses 3 levels of parallax scrolling.
That is why I would love to see this use the XNA Parallax Engine that I have been working on. If I can’t get someone to port it, I wil do it because he includes the complete source code to the project.
It will be interesting to see the port in action and how long it takes to do. It will then show how flexible my engine is. It should be easy to port, because the Parallax Scrolling would be handled by my engine.
I will let you know how I get on.