- The Web has grown up organically
- Google Maps as the first API?
- We would we have designed it this way today?
- Probably not?
- Is the period of innovation over?
- There needs to be change and a migration.
- How is this handled?
About Me: Paul Kinlan
I lead the Chrome Developer Relations team at Google.
We want people to have the best experience possible on the web without having to install a native app or produce content in a walled garden.
Our team tries to make it easier for developers to build on the web by supporting every Chrome release, creating great content to support developers on web.dev, contributing to MDN, helping to improve browser compatibility, and some of the best developer tools like Lighthouse, Workbox, Squoosh to name just a few.