[[posterous-content:tcvjftJrHIDgAAzgJjxH]] Earlier this week I released a new Google App Engine project called Twollo (http://www.twollo.com). Twollo, allows you to discover new people to follow by entering your interests into the website. By using Twollo, we filter the Twitterverse and find and follow the appropriate Twitterers automatically for you; taking much of the leg work out finding good people to follow.
The main difference between Twollo and MrTweet is that MrTweet appears to suggest “interesting people” to follow based on their popularity. Don’t get me wrong, MrTweet is a good application, but Twollo is different, and I believe better.
Twollo, will only follow people that you share similar interests with. So, for example, you are new to twitter and want to follow people interested in the Google App Engine, you simply insert your interest of “Google App Engine” into Twollo and we will do the rest; every hour or so we will find new people to follow for you. (see image below to see how easy it is to use)
During the early phase of release I received lots of feedback about what to include in Twollo Recently added features include:
- The ability to see who you Twollo followed for you and the associated interest.
- The ability to un-follow a twitter
- The ability to not re-follow an un-followed Twitterer
- The ability to see who followed you back
- The ability to limit the maximum number of new Twitterers you will follow for one of your interests
- The ability to only follow Twitterers in your language
- Allow feedback through UserVoice
- Allow users to completely remove their profile with one click
In a post next week, I will talk about Twollo and the Google App Engine.
I hope you all enjoy Twollo. Any and all feedback is greatly appreciated.