Minor Test with AJAX Tagger

I have just been fiddling with the AJAX Tagger. Based on my previous entry about Wikipedia Integration I have now added support for generating links directly to related Wikipedia articles.

The results are shown below which are for this article if that makes sense. They were created in about a minute and I think they are all pretty relevant.

One of the things that I have noticed is that sometimes the URL isn't the direct url to wikipedia, sometimes it is the ClickUrl in the Yahoo search results. I am not too sure why this happens, but I will let you know if I make any progress on this.

I just need to think about ordering on them.

How would you like to see your tags and related documents ordered? Email me paul.kinlan@gmail.com or leave a comment.

I lead the Chrome Developer Relations team at Google.

We want people to have the best experience possible on the web without having to install a native app or produce content in a walled garden.

Our team tries to make it easier for developers to build on the web by supporting every Chrome release, creating great content to support developers on web.dev, contributing to MDN, helping to improve browser compatibility, and some of the best developer tools like Lighthouse, Workbox, Squoosh to name just a few.

I love to learn about what you are building, and how I can help with Chrome or Web development in general, so if you want to chat with me directly, please feel free to book a consultation.

I'm trialing a newsletter, you can subscribe below (thank you!)