On the 17th of April I will be doing a talk at the Liverpool Users of .Net User group about Domain Specific Language Tools and T4 templates.
The general flow of the talk will be:
- A brief overview of Domain Specific Languages.
- What are the Microsoft DSL Tools and examples of toolkits in use
- What the Microsoft DSL Tools are not
- Where they can be used and how they can help developers and end-users.
- And a step-by-step guide of the creation of a DSL Tool (hopefully this can be workshop based).
I will make the slides available if anyone wants to look at them. All I have to do is work out what to say!
If you know of any good tools implemented using the DSL Toolkit, let me know and I will include them in the talk.
I lead the Chrome Developer Relations team at Google.
We want people to have the best experience possible on the web without having to install a native app or produce content in a walled garden.
Our team tries to make it easier for developers to build on the web by supporting every Chrome release, creating great content to support developers on web.dev, contributing to MDN, helping to improve browser compatibility, and some of the best developer tools like Lighthouse, Workbox, Squoosh to name just a few.