- It was a long week off and I didn't do much reading.
- Read New to the web platform in May
- We're starting a longer arc of focusing on what is practically available and more visibility about where things are available. Very happy to see posts like this coming together
- Read Meet Web Push | WebKit
- "Violations of the userVisibleOnly promise will result in a push subscription being revoked." - I wonder how that is determined.
- "From WebKit’s perspective, supporting Web Push requires deep per-platform and per-application customization" -
webpusdfor MacOS, it's certainly a similar story to how Chrome landed push notifications, incremental across the platforms.
- I'm at an offsite and there's a lot of conversation about A11Y and these were some of the links I managed to capture during the conversation.
About Me: Paul Kinlan
I lead the Chrome Developer Relations team at Google.
We want people to have the best experience possible on the web without having to install a native app or produce content in a walled garden.
Our team tries to make it easier for developers to build on the web by supporting every Chrome release, creating great content to support developers on web.dev, contributing to MDN, helping to improve browser compatibility, and some of the best developer tools like Lighthouse, Workbox, Squoosh to name just a few.